Membership and Volunteer Information
STAY seeks committed, enthusiastic, active students and alumni to participate alongside our committee members. If you would like to get involved with STAY, please fill out one of the short forms on this page
Applications to STAY’s committees will re-open periodically. In the meantime, we welcome all individuals interested in involvement with STAY through other forms of engagement.
Please click an option to tell us more about yourself in the appropriate information form. We will contact people who register via our emails periodically.
Accomplished So Far
With active support from the AYA, UCS and various Yale graduate and professional schools - and following a year of focus groups and the development of our strategic plan - STAY began life at the start of 2012. From the outset, student and alumni/ae response exceeded our wildest hopes: applying to serve as STAY committee volunteers, hundreds of students and alums each wrote hundreds of words to support their commitment of time and talent. STAY has already:
- Attracted, as founders in our inaugural academic year (2011-2012), leading Yale students and alumni/ae
- Deployed mission-based committees
- Held almost 50 financial literacy learning sessions, attended by more than 1,100 undergrads, graduate/professional students and alums in cities all over the US
- Obtained a challenge gift from an individual donor, aimed at raising $11,000 in seed money
- Attracted $30,000 in funding (with possible further support) from a well-known foundation
- Supported 7 syllabus-and-case-study driven Student/Alumni Leadership Forums led by alumni/ae speakers
- Co-sponsored Career Panels attracting hundreds of students and dozens of alumni/ae panelists
- Enlisted Yale students - for the first time ever - as Site Coordinators for Yale Day of Service
- Committed hundreds of Yale students to participate in Yale Day of Service
- Explored multi-tiered mentoring (e.g., seniors-to-alums-to-grads-to-undergrads-to-at-risk-youth)
These events continue to attract many alumni and students who have never before participated in Yale-related alumni programming or events. Students and alumni at these events express a strong desire for a permanent organization that brings together Yale’s G&P students, undergraduates, and alumni. STAY’s creation sprang from the energy, enthusiasm, and passion of Yale students and alumni seeking to foster community in new and powerful ways.